CONSTITUTION OF THE OLD RAVIANS UNION
(Amended in 2008)
- The name of the Old Boys/Girls Union, Government College, Lahore/Government College University, Lahore (GC University, Lahore) shall be “Old Ravians Union”.
- Membership of the Old Ravians Union (ORU) is open to such old students of the College/University as were on the rolls of the College/University for at least two academic years except those who were expelled, rusticated or blacklisted; to members of the staff of the College/University and to those ex-member of the staff who have been on the strength of the College/University for five years.
- An old student, who has been on the rolls of the College/University for less than two academic years, may be admitted as a member by the Executive Committee as a special case.
- All members shall be Life Members.
- The life subscription shall be Rs. 500/= or as may be re-fixed by the Union.
- The Old Ravians Union shall have an Executive Committee consisting of the following:
- The Vice Chancellor, GC University Lahore shall be the ex-officio Patron of the Old Ravians Union.
- Two Vice Presidents, one of whom shall be a female.
- Honorary Secretary who shall be nominated by the Vice Chancellor from amongst the Old Ravians staff members.
- Secretary vi.Treasurer vii.Executive Members who shall be elected by the members of the Union on Chapter (Decade) basis. Each decade will be represented by one member.
- The Executive Committee shall be elected every two years on the occasion of Annual General Meeting, which shall be held in University Campus.
- Those Old Ravians who are the members of the staff of GC University, Lahore will not contest for any post of the Old Ravians Union.
- The minimum age for the post of President will be 50 years.
- The candidate for the office of the President should have studied at least for four years in the College/University.
- Five members of the Executive Committee shall form a quorum for holding a meeting of the Executive Committee
- The quorum for a general body meeting shall be one hundred.
- The monogram of the Old Ravians Union shall be the same as the University monogram with Old Ravians Union written at the top and GC University, Lahore written below it.
- No amendment can be made in the rules of the Old Ravians Union except in a General Body Meeting where at least three-forth of the members must vote for the proposed amendment.
- The accounts of the Old Ravians Union shall be jointly operated by the Treasurer and Honorary Secretary.
- The minimum age for the candidates for the posts of Vice President, Vice President (Ladies), Secretary and Treasure will be 30 years.
- Candidates to contest the elections of the Union will become eligible after two years of their registration as members.
- Correspondence with the members would be undertaken by Honorary Secretary along with Secretary.
On the recommendation of the Election Committee the house carried the following rules:
- In future biennial election of the Union shall be held in November to facilitate participants.
- New membership should be closed at least three months before the date of filing of nomination papers for the Election of the Union.
- Maximum of 5 application forms for membership of the Union can be submitted at one time.
SPECIAL PRIVILEGES FOR MEMBERS OF THE OLD RAVIANS UNION
- Members of the Old Ravians Union are cordially invited to the University annual sports.
- For other functions arrangement for participation can be made on request.
- Old Ravians are eligible to become life subscribers of the University Magazine ‘The Ravi’ by paying life subscription of Rs. 500/- only or by paying annual subscription for a single copy.
- Old Ravians ties and souvenirs can be obtained from the office of the Union on payment.
- Old Ravians are eligible to become members of the University Library with the special permission of the Vice Chancellor and can draw two books at a time on furnishing a Library security of Rs. 500/- to the University Librarian. The members of the Old Ravians Union can get their Library membership Special Cards.
- The spouses of the members can also attend the functions of the Old Ravians Union.